Monday 28 January 2013

A day to forget

it all started off good aswell, had 11+ ring necked parakeets within 5 mins of entering ward jackson park this am :) headed off to jacksons landing for the black throated diver, there was no sign of the diver in the harbour so i decided to have a walk around in search, spent about 15mins looking but no sign :( so when i got back to the car my fob wouldn't open the doors, so i tried to open the door manually and to my horror the key snapped inside the lock! my greenflag details were inside the car with my money, good job i didn't leave my phone in aswell. i had to call my parents to go to mine and collect my spare keys, then drive to hartlepool, a journey that would only take 45 mins took over 2 hours due to the A19 closed because of a crash :( i was freezing by the time they arrived, i eventually got the doors open :) we all went for a coffee so i could warm up and book the car in to be fixed tomorrow. whilst waiting the bt diver and the Slav grebe both turned up and gave cracking views, i then went to dormarns pool to try for the green winged teal but no sign, but i'm not surprised after the days misfortune :( i did manage 5 new bou ticks for the day and here they are:-

ring necked parakeet
black throated diver
pintail
little egret
shoveler



Letas hope i have a bit more luck on my next outing!!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment