Sunday 13 January 2013

2013 targets

Thought i'd set myself some birdwatching targets, 2012 was a great year in gateshead for me :) 146 species i recorded, breaking the previous record by 3. In the process i managed to record my lowest ever british list 225 :( my best been 277 in a year, but i did manage to add 19 new species to my life list :). So my 2013 targets are gateshead year 140 - british year 251 - british lifers 20, ive decided to have a few weekends away and days out to notch up a few british ticks, first day out will be teeside, with birds on offer such as - green winged teal - caspian gull - red necked grebe - black throated diver - smew - spotted redshank, good chance of been joined by the dragon hunter himself? As he still needs red necked grebe. Might try a quick look in northumberland soon aswell as bean goose and iceland gull are on offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment